Experts seem to agree on the B2B lead generation trends that are going to feature in 2020 – and quality seems to be key! Great quality content tailored for your market, customer retention through fostering a strong relationship with each client and personalization of marketing seem to make headlines. Additionally, the use of AI and machine learning in intent data providers will allow you to better understand customer behavior and streamline your marketing approach.
Let’s have a look at these in some detail –
Let’s face it, competition out there is fierce. The internet is swamped with information and recognizing one suitable product for your needs seems to be a daunting task, never mind isolating the best one. In order to generate effective leads, marketers need to up their game to stand out in the crowd, and many current CEO’s and marketing directors seem to believe that you can do just that with the quality of your content. Here’s what they think you should focus on:
- Make sure your general content is of high quality tailored for your target market, and the best way to do that is to employ a sales and customer oriented copywriter.
- Content should be focused on the performance of you products and the service they provide while involving the customers voice. In 2020, the message you send out there should be quality, findable, shareable, readable, memorable, quotable and actionable. Have your content behave like a conversion platform and conversion is what you will get!
- Quality content serves an additional purpose in that it remains timeless or evergreen. This type of information will serve to attract customers for many years to come and will serve as testimony of the values your company represents.
- Interestingly enough, long form content seems to attract 40% more traffic than similar short form campaigns. Maybe this is due to the human nature to appeal to stories and storytelling, and many believe that this has its place in the marketing sector for 2020. Stories help customers engage on a personal level with companies and products and form the basis for a strong relationship.
- Diversifying your content presentation to include videos, podcasts, webinars, graphics and presentations is already very important and will serve you well in 2020. This enables your content to appeal to a larger audience, as not everyone’s attention is captured by the same method. The beauty of technology is that one blog post can now easily be converted into three to four other formats with relative ease, thereby streamlining the whole process.
- Surveys indicate that voice searches will become ever more important as it allows users to search without typing. It is therefore wise to convert your data to be included in voice searches across several platforms such as Siri, Alexa and Google’s voice search.
- Additionally you can employ Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to measure the performance of your content and make changes where necessary in order to optimize the exposure your content creates. In fact, more than 83% of the best performing companies’ marketers already do!
Naturally, when we convert a lead to a customer we would like to keep that customer, but this involves strengthening the personal relationship you have with each customer. Following tips on how you can improve your customer relationships –
- The focus is naturally on keeping your customers happy, and to do this you need to understand their needs, wants and behaviors. Good and regular communication as well as analytics can help you do this, and so will promotional content and promotional giveaways.
- Content should not always be focused on your product and who you are, but should highlight the service it can provide and the help you offer. Digital empathy for your customer and his needs will foster a good understanding between you and your customers.
- This goes without saying, but I will do so anyway. Ensure the quality of your product and ramp up your customer support. These two facts alone will keep customers coming back again and again.
Personalization of marketing campaigns has become vital due to the large amount of information available, especially on digital media. Customers are literally being bombarded with material and sifting through the junk is often a daunting and exhausting task. It is here that personalized, tailored messages become invaluable. Personalization enables you to grab the customer’s attention and appeal to him on a level that will make him take notice.
Just as with customer retention, you will need to understand your customers, in order to appeal to them, so behavioral analysis is of importance here. Tools such as Leadfeeder and online questionnaires can help you determine how best to approach each consumer group.
B2B intent Data Providers
Intent data provides additional information about consumer behavior in that it tracks the content they consume and assess their ‘intent’ of purchasing. This data can then be used by companies to better understand and predict consumer behavior and use that to market more effectively. Artificial intelligence (AI) and machines play a huge part in the real time predictive analyses of customer behavior and market trends and allows effective marketing campaign optimization.
This technology can also help reduce ‘marketing noise’, as it will only market a product or service when the results suggest that the consumer is intent on buying. Together, this results in very high conversion rates, making marketing much more time and cost effective.
Intent marketing has grown substantially over the last couple of years, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.