Earnings season is just about over but before it is done, there’s some more retailers and some prominent technology companies still to report earnings.
These five technology companies have all had hot charts in 2019. Some have broken out to new 5-year highs.
But with tariffs looking to hit the technology sector hard, many pulled back in the May weakness.
Is this weakness a buying opportunity in these growth stocks?
5 Technology Stocks with Great Earnings Charts
1. Coupa Software (COUP – Free Report) hasn’t missed since its 2016 IPO. Shares are up 63% year-to-date and have hit a new multi-year. They’re also not cheap, with a forward P/E of 1348. Can it keep up this torrid pace?
2. Salesforce (CRM – Free Report) hasn’t missed since Zacks data began in 2015. That’s an impressive streak. Shares hit new 5-year highs in 2019 but have weakened. Will another earnings beat give the shares a boost?
3. Guidewire Software (GWRE – Free Report) also hasn’t missed since Zacks Records began in 2015. Shares of this platform for property and casualty insurers rebounded from the late 2018 selloff, adding 20% year-to-date. But it’s not cheap, with a forward P/E of 72.
4. Ambarella (AMBA – Free Report) also hasn’t missed since Zacks records began in 2015. It hit a new 52-week high in 2019 but sold off in May. Yet shares are still up nearly 9% year-to-date. Can it regain momentum with a solid report?
5. Ciena (CIEN – Free Report) has beat 3 quarters in a row. It hit a new 52-week high in February 2019 but has since weakened. This is the cheapest of these five companies, with a forward P/E of just 19.
Today’s Best Stocks from Zacks
Would you like to see the updated picks from our best market-beating strategies? From 2017 through 2018, while the S&P 500 gained +15.8%, five of our screens returned +38.0%, +61.3%, +61.6%, +68.1%, and +98.3%.
This outperformance has not just been a recent phenomenon. From 2000 – 2018, while the S&P averaged +4.8% per year, our top strategies averaged up to +56.2% per year.
See their latest picks free >>