Dear Virginia Tech students,
We’d like to share our heartfelt thanks for your tremendous cooperation during the football game at Lane Stadium last Saturday. Your response to the situation made a major difference in areas that needed to be addressed: students who entered the stadium held tickets; you moved quickly to your seats above the portal to allow all fans to take their seats; and you followed direction from stadium staff and public safety personnel. The feedback we’ve received from the community has been excellent. The steps we took together to ensure a safe and positive experience worked and, most important, you answered the call to represent the best of the Hokie Spirit.
For the upcoming game against Syracuse this Saturday, we still need your help to ensure a positive experience for Hokie fans. We will continue to follow the same protocols as last week:
- Student attendance will be restricted to season ticket holders and a limited number of student lottery winners.
- Students are expected to follow all new guidance for gate entry.
- Students will be expected to move to seats above the portals immediately to allow for all fans to take their seats safely and quickly.
- Virginia Tech Police Department will deploy law enforcement officers and security personnel in Lane Stadium to support a positive and safe fan experience.
- Students entering the game illegally or who violate line protocols will be referred to Student Conduct. Students who violate our Student Code of Conduct risk significant consequences.
- In addition, violators of safety/security protocols or criminal law will be subject to a ban from Virginia Tech athletic facilities by the police department.
Game day is such a special time on the Blacksburg campus. Thank you for living up to our Principles of Community, for conducting yourselves in a way that allows all of us to continue sharing this full in-person experience with all of you, and for honoring what it means to be a Hokie.
Director of Athletics
Frank Shushok Jr.,
Vice President for Student Affairs
Chief of Police
Virginia Tech Police Department