When our human body stops making the most important hormone that balances glucose in our blood, blood pressure tends to increase. The hormone is called insulin. Irregular insulin production may cause diabetes which is a chronic disease. According to reports, about 13% of the USA population have diabetes while 34.5% are going through prediabetes.
Several ways can help our body to stay on the safer side and maintain blood sugar.
A Few Healthy Steps Can Prevent the Disease.
1. Regular exercise is the key method to balance blood sugar. It helps to balance body weight as well as rise insulin sensitivity. It will lead blood sugar to work better in the bloodstream.
2. Maintaining carbohydrate intake is very important to control blood sugar. Too much carb intake can lead insulin to dysfunction resulting in rising blood glucose.
3. Eat more fibre as it contains vital nutrients supplements. However, there are two kinds of fibres –
Intaking the right type is equally important. Both the fibres may be healthy but soluble ones are more likely to help in managing blood sugar levels. Food that contains high fibre include–
- Green vegetables
- Whole grains
But consumption of a limited portion of these foods is important. A good diet is always necessary and healthy.
4. Staying hydrated is a necessity to manage blood sugar. Enough water helps to keep healthy sugar levels. It rehydrates blood and even reduces the possible risk of diabetes.
5. Maintaining body weight plays a great part to control high blood sugar. To control body weight, you need to balance calorie consumption. You have to regulate the portion that contains vital nutrients supplements. To control portion size, you can –
- Measure your food correctly
- Avoid restaurants that offer unlimited buffet
- Use smaller servings
- Use food journals
- Eat at a slower speed
- Follow a proper diet chart
6. Foods with a lower glycaemic index can help to control blood sugar. It has been proven to decrease blood sugar levels for diabetes patients. You can get a low glycaemic index in foods like –
- Wheat pasta
- Vegetable with no starch
7. Taking care of stress level is very important as plays a great role in regulating blood sugar. If you are too much stressed, hormones like cortisol and glucagon go veiled, causing blood sugar levels to increase. Some ways can prevent stress in your daily life. You can relieve stress with –
- Regular exercise
- Calming your mind
Getting enough sleep does not trigger insulin sensitivity. Lacking sleep can affect the release of hormones and raise cortisol levels which are to disturb blood sugar balance. You must get enough sleep with no disturbance to uphold good health. Chromium and magnesium-rich food intake are very essential as blood sugar levels are connected to micronutrient deficiencies. To create well-balanced blood sugar levels, you should eat –
- Whole grains
- Green leaf
- Dark chocolate
To maintain blood sugar levels, you have to go through these health beneficiary steps. A healthy lifestyle can make a huge difference.