On Tuesday, Jenna Evans was on a high-speed train that was racing down the tracks, her fiancé by her side, when some “bad guys” appeared, she said.

There was only one way to protect her 2.4 carat diamond engagement ring — swallow it. So that’s what Evans did.

“I popped that sucker off, put it in my mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water,” Evans said in a Facebook post.

Then she woke up.

Evans was relieved on Wednesday morning that the whole episode had just been a vivid, bizarre dream, that she toldToday” was “very James Bond.” That is, until she realized her engagement ring was no longer on her finger.

Evans — who has a history of sleepwalking — soon realized that while the “bad guys” and the high-speed train had all been her snoozing subconscious, the consumption of her engagement ring was not.

“When I woke up in the morning, there was no ring on my finger,” Evans told “Today.” “I couldn’t help but laugh at it, and then I had to wake my fiance up and tell him that I had swallowed my engagement ring.”

Evans said on Facebook she had to google if adults often swallow rings. It turns out children more commonly do it.

Evans went to an urgent care clinic where doctors decided against letting the ring pass naturally through the 29-year-old’s system, and instead referred her to a gastroenterologist.

A gastroenterologist promptly performed an upper endoscopy, which is the insertion of a small camera and device down someone’s throat.

READ  Supply-chain report says Quanta's Apple Watch Series 4 production at maximum capacity

Evans wrote that she began to cry as she signed the release forms for the upper endoscopy, fearing she would die during the procedure and not get to fulfill a different dream — marrying her fiancé, Bobby Howell.





READ SOURCE

WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here