IS life feeling a little too cluttered?
It is easy to find yourself deep in a build-up of extra bits and bobs indoors. This can cost you space — and peace of mind.
So why not try to get back some of what you have spent on these unwanted items by upcycling or selling them?
Here are my favourite ways to add extra money to the kitty from a good clear-out.
- Phones: If you have several spare phones tucked away in a drawer somewhere, like most of the population, you could be sitting on some cash. At compare-mymobile.com or musicmagpie.co.uk, you can find out how much you could get for your old phone. For example, I found that I could get £60 for my 64GB iPhone 6 Plus from MusicMagpie.
- Fashion: As the seasons change, so does your wardrobe. The average selling price for a handbag on eBay is £45, and I bet you have at least two you could sell. Men’s coats and jackets are also a win on eBay, with an average selling price of £48.
- Electricals: It is best to ask in your local gaming stores how much they would pay for your electricals. For example, you could get £19 in CeX for a PS4 Dual Shock 4 (2016) controller. GAME has a trade-in option for you to sell “pre-loved” games and consoles.
It will make you some money — and create more room for new games.
- Books: There are plenty of books that even the keenest readers will never open again.
Rather than leaving them on the shelves gathering dust, go to webuybooks.co.uk and you can get an instant valuation just by entering the book’s barcode.
- Prices correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
Deal of the day
SAVE 25 per cent on kids’ dressing-up outfits at Matalan, including this Little Red Riding Hood costume, from £11.25. Ideal for World Book Day on March 5.
YOU would be nutty to miss this big offer. Morrisons has 1kg jars of Nutella for just £3.50 – down from £ 5.75 – but the deal ends tomorrow.
My Sun Savers fiver
CAROL CARTER, from Blyth, Northumberland, says: “I save mine to upgrade my Sun £9.50 holiday each year with my granddaughter.”
- Send us your Savers fiver stories at sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you will get 28 codes worth £5 if it is used. Please include your name/town.
WAKE up to a cheaper breakfast. Instead of buying a bag of porridge oats from Holland & Barrett for £1.49, a 1kg bag of M Savers porridge oats from Morrisons is 75p.
Reader’s saving tip
CONNOR McGUIRE, of Cleethorpes, Lincs, says: “Before holidays, I buy board games from our local charity shop to entertain the family. It is cheaper than buying new and the cash goes to a good cause.”
- Share suggestions at sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you will get 28 codes, worth £5, if yours is used here. Please include your name and town.
Shop and save
SAVE £5 on extra-large Lindt Lindor chocolate Easter eggs at Tesco. Usually £15 each, down to £10.
Hols for £9.50
WE are giving you another chance to bag a brilliant bargain break – so don’t worry if you missed out on booking a Hols from £9.50 earlier this year.
This year we celebrate an incredible three decades of sending the great British public on holiday.
You could join the 55million people who have gone on great breaks with us over the past 30 years.
This time, pick from 245 holiday parks across the UK and Europe. Fancy ticking off some new countries in Europe or visiting an area of the UK you have never been to?
Our breaks are the perfect bases from which to explore. Why not try Cornwall, Devon or East Anglia or venture to France, Spain, Italy or Croatia? For details on all the holiday parks available, check out thesun.co.uk/holidays.
From relaxing spas to stunning golf courses and top evening entertainment, there’s something for everyone. Breaks are available from March all the way until December.
Choose from a three-night weekend getaway – or for those who can go Monday to Friday, try our midweek offer of four nights for the price of three.
By choosing your holiday with The Sun you can save up to 80 per cent on the usual price. To book a break, simply collect SEVEN tokens or codewords – today’s is printed here. Or you can collect SEVEN Sun Savers codes from those printed daily in the paper until Saturday, March 7.
For those collecting tokens, post them back with the booking form found in last Saturday’s pullout. Or if you choose to collect the codewords, just enter them at thesun.co.uk/holidays to book.
Collecting Sun Savers codes? Then download the Sun Savers app or see sunsavers.co.uk, and click “Start Collecting” on the “Hols from £9.50” page found in the “Offers” section.
Enter or scan your Sun Savers codes to unlock booking. Those who book their break with Sun Savers can even pay or part pay for their holiday using the cash in their Sun Savers wallet, making their break even cheaper.
The best holidays go quick, so make sure you are ready for Friday, February 28 when booking opens.
- Terms & Conditions: Price per person based on four sharing. Multiple token/code collect. Subject to availability. Terms and conditions and date restrictions apply. For full T&Cs see thesun.co.uk/holidays.
Play now to win £50,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £50k monthly Raffle.
And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect.
So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app.
Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £50k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver.
So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple.
You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone.
Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow.
And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
- PRICES correct at time of going to press. Deals/offers subject to availability.