Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Counter-Terrorism Advisor, for the anticipated Bureau of Counterterrorism-funded Iraq Terrorism Prosecutions and Information Management Program (ITPIMP). This is a full-time, 11-months position and work will be carried out in our Baghdad and/or Erbil, Iraq offices.
ITPIMP’s is designed to assist security and justice institutions in Iraq with addressing the critical challenge of effectively investigating, prosecuting and adjudicating terrorism cases in the country. This overarching objective will be achieved through technical advice and assistance, training, and embedded mentoring. Focus will be on needed improvements and reforms in investigative, prosecutorial, and adjudication processes and the regulatory and the legal framework to better adhere to Iraqi law and international human rights standards.
The Counter-Terrorism Advisor will:
* Work closely with Government of Iraq justice sector and security personnel, providing assistance and advice to improve counterterrorism investigations and prosecutions as well as advice on specific cases.
* Provide classroom style trainings on counterterrorism investigations, prosecutions and adjudication to Government of Iraq justice personnel in Baghdad, Erbil and, security permitting, within target Iraq governates
* Aid in coordinating counterterrorism efforts among Iraqi justice and security institutions through the development of inter-agency policies and standard operating procedures.
* Participate in inter-agency security coordination meetings, as required.
* Provide in-person classified and unclassified briefings to US Embassy/Baghdad and Department of State Officials on an as-needed basis.
* Write, review, and edit bi-weekly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports.
Qualifications (in order of importance):
* Active Secret-level Security Clearance or higher is required.
* 10 years minimum experience in counterterrorism-related investigations and/or prosecutorial experience. Past experience with the US Department of State, USAID or international bodies, such as the United Nations, is strongly preferred.
* English fluency is required. Arabic language ability is preferred.
* Juris Doctor (JD) Degree, or equivalent, or a minimum of a Master’s Degree in criminal justice, international affairs, or countering violent extremism related fields.
* Past experience in Iraq is not required but is preferred.
* Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing.
* Superior interpersonal skills; the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner; to establish positive relationships and gain the confidence of others.
Only American Nationals may apply.