Good morning, Daily Money friends, it’s Nathan wishing you a great start to your week!
It’s been a long time since a lot of us have had fun. Maybe it’s time to take yourself out on a date.
On to our …
💡 INSIGHT OF THE DAY: Long-term joblessness might have lost its stigma. Employers appear more likely to understand if you’ve been out of work for a while. Paul Davidson explains what’s happening.
📰 And here are more stories you won’t want to miss:
1. Jeff Bezos is out of this world: He announced he’s taking a trip to space with his rocket company, Blue Origin.
2. His brother is going, too: Here’s what you need to know about Mark Bezos, who is poised to make the trip to space alongside Jeff and an auction winner.
3. Making all the right decisions is tough: But here are the five most important money decisions you’ll make in your lifetime.
4. The chicken sandwich wars are now intersecting with the culture wars. Burger King said it will donate 40 cents per chicken sandwich (up to $250,000) sold in June to pro-LGBTQ rights group The Human Rights campaign. The move is viewed as a shot at Chick-fil-A, which has been criticized for its ties to anti-LGBTQ efforts.
5. Apple is starting its Worldwide Developers Conference today. Here’s a breakdown of how the company’s iOS system has changed since the iPhone debuted in 2007.
I’m old enough to remember when there was no such thing as an App Store. Or iPhone. Or cell phones.