SHOPPERS can bag a free bottle of prosecco by signing up to money saving website TopCashback.co.uk – just in time for the Bank Holiday weekend.
The first 5,000 people who sign up as new members of the cashback site this month can claim the cost of the fizz back as long as they register it before midnight on Monday, August 26.
To get the discount you need to:
- Open a new account with TopCashback
- Spend £8 or more on a bottle of prosecco from any UK shop
- Submit the receipt to the TopCashback website
You can do this by either taking a photo of the receipt and uploading it to TopCashback’s website, or adding the receipt to your account via the app.
The receipt must show the date and time of purchase, the store name, and the product details.
Once the receipt has been submitted, TopCashback will credit your online account with the cost of the prosecco within a week, up to a value of £10.
After 30 days the money will be available to withdraw.
How do cashback websites work?
They promise to earn you money on your shopping – but how do cashback websites work?
- Cashback sites agree offers with retailers which they pass on to customers
- This can vary from a set amount of money off whatever you are buying, or a percentage of the cost of your purchase
- The sums range from pennies for groceries to more than £100 for some mobile or broadband contracts
- You have to make your purchases by clicking through from the cashback site
- Because the sites drive traffic to retailers, they earn money from brands they support
- Membership of most sites is free – although some offer premium subscriptions which you pay more for
The offer is available from in-store purchases made in supermarkets and off licences, or for drinks bought in pubs or bars – you just need to remember to get proof of your purchase.
TopCashback works by passing on advertising commission from retailers to customers, earning you money when you buy things online.
It has agreements with more than 5,000 retailers, and claims that last year its members saved around £75million.
It is one of a number of similar sites trying to encourage new customers to use its service.
Rival CashbackReward.co.uk is offering new members £5 credit when they sign up, while Quidco periodically has joining deals.
Using cashback websites can earn you a tidy sum – and it is essentially free money.
One travel-mad money-saver has flown all over the world by banking £3,800 in cashback, discounts and free flights.
You can also earn cashback on credit cards every time you spend.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at email@example.com