- To rename your Apple TV, head to your general settings on your device.
- While it can be easy to tell which Apple TV you’re AirPlaying to if you only have one, it can be helpful to rename them if you have multiples.
- It can also be helpful when setting up family sharing with multiple Apple TVs.
- There is a different procedure for renaming earlier versions of Apple TV compared to Apple TV 4 and later models.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
This can be helpful if, for example, you have multiple Apple TVs in your house and want to AirPlay something to a particular one, or if you want to set up Home Sharing and differentiate your devices.
You can also rename your Apple TV to personalize it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to rename your Apple TV (versions 2 and 3)
1. Open Settings.
2. Open “General.”
3. Scroll down to and select “Name.” This will allow you to rename any Apple TV you select from the list of devices sharing your account.
How to rename your Apple TV (version 4)
1. Open Settings and select “General.”
2. Click on “About.”
3. Click on “Name.”
4. This will take you to the renaming screen. Delete the current name and type in a new one. When finished, click on “Done” at the bottom.
If you have multiple Apple TVs and want to assign them to different rooms, you can do this under AirPlay and HomeKit in the General menu.