Since its inception in the year 2010, Instagram has drastically changed the world of social media. With over 1 billion monthly users and with a balanced gender ratio of users, Instagram has become an ultimate platform for marketers and promoters to advertise and promote their goods. What makes Instagram more unique is its high ratio of registered to active users. Almost 5 out of 7 Instagram users register daily logins to their account. To compare, Facebook registers a ratio of somewhere around 2:7. This makes Instagram the first choice among marketers, especially for B2C type business models.
Instagram Stories have come to embody the much-needed change in the way netizens use social media i.e through a scrolling of the news feed. Instagram stories offer the user the ability to view and upload a 15-second long video, which is targeted to a broad audience. This feature makes the platform all the more celebrated among marketers.
What’s So Special About Instagram Stories, Anyway?
Let’s do some data analysis using statistics to see what makes Instagram stories so important for marketers and advertisers.
- Five hundred million users now use Instagram stories every day.
- 1 in 4 users looks for stories of the products and services they want to buy.
- 17%–29% of people swipe up on a link in branded stories.
- One-third of the most-viewed Instagram stories are from businesses accounts.
- Almost 40% of businesses use Instagram stories for product promotion.
- The average posting frequency for IG Stories is 2.3 posts per week.
Moreover, with online video making websites like InVideo, making advertisements has become much easier and hassle-free for the brands- especially for small and growing businesses.
How to make Instagram stories using the Instagram app?
- Tap the camera icon on the top left side of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in the feed.
- Select the format of your content from Type- Boomerang, Live, Rewind, Stop Motion, and Normal.
- Tap the circle option at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and press the circle to record a video. To choose a photo or video from your phone’s library or gallery, swipe up anywhere on the screen.
- Choose from among the multiple options available in the screen to draw, add text or a sticker to your photos or videos.
- When you’re ready to share the visual, tap Your Story on the bottom left.
Making customised videos does not necessarily require businesses to hire a video editor. There are several online video ad creator that comes with a great variety of templates. InVideo is the first choice among marketers for creating appealing video ads because of its comprehensive collection of templates for all sorts of products and services.
Here are some tips for when you want to use Instagram Stories to build up your audience.
- Share user-generated content in your stories
User-generated content (UGC) is a relatively more straightforward way to connect with your audience. It can save you both time and effort. One of the most generic ways to publicise UGC is by leveraging your Instagram stories. Encourage your followers to feature your products in their stories and to tag your brand in them. If you can afford it, offer them some kind of incentive in the form of freebies so that people are motivated to share their experiences about using your products or the services you are offering. One of the cheapest ways to incentivize your audience is giving them a chance to feature on your Instagram page or story.
- Work with Instagram influencers
Influencer marketing has become a potent and convenient tool of gaining access to quite a large and loyal following of some known and famous Instagram handles. Collaborating and working with such influencers can give a natural boost to your brand and products. Moreover, it’s relatively cheap to promote your service through such Instagram handles. Look for Instagram influencers whose followers base matches your target audience for better reach.
- Respond to comments, mentions and memes
Try to respond to your customers’ queries, complaints and compliments online through comments rather than direct messaging. It sends a clear message to the community about the commitment and the priorities of a brand. Also, it will help you remain engaged with the audience. Try posting relevant and subtle compliments from your customers to your Instagram stories. You can also try circulating some funny memes on trending topics and relating them to your brand.
- Show what makes your brand fun and relatable.
While all the modern-day marketers are aware of the importance of social media engagement with their patrons, very few are able to keep their potential customers engaged. Marketers need to use stories to not just explicitly showcase their brand but also need to make sure that the ad is relatable, realistic and not monotonous. Using trending hashtags, showing some behind the scenes of the workplace are some ways to get your audience attracted to your products. You can also use an Instagram video editor like InVideo to make a video for special occasions which line up with your brand’s products- for example, International Women’s Day.
Instagram stories have made a significant impact on Instagram users. If used well, they can transform an audience into leads and leads into customers.
Instagram seems to have no competitors anywhere near it, and stories are here to stay for marketing and branding. Your brand will have to toe this line if you want to reach a larger audience and hence customising outreach via Instagram stories is a great idea!