Each month SSI highlights one of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that has attended the SSI Summit. This month is Security Alarm Corp.
SSI Summit Stars is a new monthly department that highlights some of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that have attended the SSI Summit. This exclusive, invitation-only event is held annually in conjunction with the Total Tech Summit, which includes hundreds more integrators from the residential and commercial A/V fields.
This month, SSI hears from Security Alarm Corp. V.P. of Business Development Erick Toth.
Security Alarm Corp. (SAC) is a family-owned and operated alarm and low-voltage systems integrator operating for 40+ years. SAC strives to remain true to its customer commitment: “Your Partner in Protection.” I have been with SAC for more than 30 years and have extensive knowledge in security alarms, fire alarms, camera surveillance and access control, as well as legacy and emerging smart home applications.
I have managed large and complex commercial projects, established relationships with homebuilders, expanded residential accounts and integrated recent acquisitions into SAC. I chair local vocational school low-voltage programs and attended the SSI Summit for four years, where I have acted as a group leader.
TOP 3 CHALLENGES
- Finding and training skilled technical talent. SAC is proactively working with local educational institutions to assist in this effort.
- Supply chain concerns. SAC’s priority is to ensure its customers always have access to safe and secure technology. We are strong proponents of “Buy American” and are working to eliminate all products subject to the federal “blacklist” from our product portfolio.
- Updating office and field infrastructure. SAC is in the middle of a major infrastructure upgrade to give our technicians, account managers and senior management the best tools to ensure customer satisfaction. SAC is well on its way to a paperless, electronic office.
TOP 3 OPPORTUNITIES
- Video surveillance & analytics. SAC is introducing new products to revolutionize the way customers evaluate surveillance solutions. With smart cameras, customers can be alerted to visitors with elevated temperatures or without face coverings.
- Smart homes. IoT has revolutionized the way we work and live. SAC designs and installs state of-the-art systems for new construction, and retrofits existing structures as well.
- Aging in place. As residential customers age, many are making the decision to stay in their homes rather than move into expensive and impersonal assisted living facilities or nursing homes. SAC installs technology that facilitates customers remaining in their own homes, safely and securely.
TOP 3 DIFFERENTIATORS
- Locally owned and operated – Many of SAC’s customers have been clients for decades. All client calls come directly to SAC.
- Own UL approved facility – SAC responds to its own security and fire alarm signals from its UL Listed TMA Five Diamond Certified monitoring center is in Port Charlotte, Fla.
- Safety & Security – With DIY (Do It Yourself), many vendors do not tell customers that their personal information is being sold to marketers. To them, you are a product not a customer. SAC will never compromise your privacy.
For more info on the SSI and Total Tech Summit, which will now feature VIP peer-to-peer networking groups, visit totaltechsummit.com.