- Represented TC Energy in a strategic deal with Nikola Corporation that includes evaluating opportunities to develop and operate clean hydrogen production hubs centered around TC Energy’s existing pipeline and electrical infrastructure to deliver low-cost and low-carbon hydrogen at scale, to facilitate the adoption of heavy-duty zero-emission fuel-cell electric vehicles (FCEVs) and hydrogen across various industrial sectors.
- Represented Nikola Corporation, a global leader in zero-emissions heavy duty trucks and hydrogen infrastructure, in its business combination with VectoIQ Acquisition Corp. to create the next generation of smart transportation.
- Represented Nikola Corporation in its second $300 million common stock equity line purchase agreement with Tumim Stone Capital LLC. Under the latest agreement, Nikola now has the right to issue and sell to Tumim up to $600 million of Nikola’s common stock in aggregate.
- Advised on and helped an automotive retail company implement new equity incentive and employee stock purchases in connection with its SPAC transaction.
- Represented Motivate, a Lyft-owned bike-sharing company, in a preliminary injunction to preserve its right to exclusivity following a $35 million investment to fund a bike-share program in San Francisco and four other Bay Area cities.
- Prior to joining Pillsbury, partner spent five years at Tesla and SolarCity, representing the companies in more than 60 tax equity and finance transactions, totaling over $8 billion. Pillsbury continues to provide tax equity advice to Tesla, along with other services.
- Provide legal advice and services to an American multinational auto manufacturer in the review, assessment, negotiation and finalization of an Automotive License Services Agreement with Google LLC.
- Advised Cenntro Automotive Group Limited, a designer and manufacturer of electric commercial vehicles, on its pending combination with Naked Brand Group Limited
- Represented ReviverMx, Inc., developer of a digital license platform designed to digitize and automate the renewal process, in connection with its $19.5 million funding round.
- Acted for MCAP in connection with the transfer of a portfolio of aircraft valued in excess of US$1.2 billion into its affiliate, Vermillion Aviation.
- Advised ORIX Aviation—a subsidiary of leading Japanese financial services group ORIX Corp.—in connection with its high-profile agreement to purchase a 30% stake in Avolon Holdings Ltd. The transaction is valued at $2.2 billion.
- Advise and represent Growth Energy in challenging the decision of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to grant small refinery exemptions under the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) program of the Clean Air Act.
- Provide counsel to Renewable Fuels Association on the EPA’s renewable fuel standards.
- Advised Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems America on multiple projects using renewable hydrogen and short-term lithium-ion batteries to be used for energy storage to tackle long term intermittency issues.
- Represented Brain Corp., an AI company specializing in the development of self-driving technology for robots, on regulatory matters in connection with Series C funding round led by SoftBank Vision Fund.
- Represented Clean Air Power, a developer and provider of Dual-Fuel combustion technology for heavy duty diesel engines, on an agreement to receive a grant to support its development of a Genesis EDGE Dual-Fuel product.