Netflix opened its own company with a DVD rental service in 1997. People could post a movie request on the Netflix site and receive DVDs in the post.
After watching the ordered movies, they returned the DVDs to Netflix in the envelopes provided. Fast forward to 2021, Netflix is the world’s largest online streaming service.
Now, it is a powerful and preferred online video viewing site among other popular streaming choices. This service is available in nearly 200 countries around the world.
Its libraries of TV shows/ movies vary from country to country due to content licensing and Netflix contracts with the production houses.
Despite charging premium subscriptions, it still has millions of active users. Because it contains a treasure of the best entertainment.
Netflix is a perfect place for guaranteed satisfaction, whether you are in a mood to see scary content, want to laugh out loud to relax your nerves, or something else comes to your mind.
Analysis of Netflix Content by Region
Netflix distributes different titles of TV shows and movies in each region. It means watching content of Netflix will be much different in one country than in another region.
For instance, if you are staying in the U.K., the viewing library will be different from those, who are watching Netflix from United States. Here are the most notable statistics for a few countries.
|Netflix Library by Region||Available Titles (Shows/Movies)||Number of TV Shows||Number of Movies|
|United States||Approx. 6,000||1,850||4,050|
Further, Georgia has 2,116 total titles which is the least content for watching TV shows/movies as compared to the world.
Besides this, South Korea have approximately 110 Oscar award winning movies in its library whereas it has 4,065 total available titles for watching, from which 2,838 are movies and 1,227 are TV shows.
Most Famous Content on Netflix UK
If you love watching films and living somewhere in the United Kingdom, here is a list of the most popular movies on Netflix UK to kill the boredom and keep you hooked to the screen.
- Fatherhood (2021) – IMDB Rating: 6.7/10
- ThunderForce (2021) – IMDB Rating:
- Spenser (2020) – IMDB Rating: 6.2/10
- Yesterday (2019) – IMDB Rating: 6.8/10
- The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019) – IMDB Rating: 7.6/10
- Booksmart (2019) – IMDB Rating: 7.2/10
- Over the Moon (2020) – IMDB Rating: 6.4/10
- Naked (2017) – IMDB Rating: 5.4/10
- Dora and the Lost City of Gold (2019) – IMDB Rating: 6.1/10
- Fast & Furious Presents Hobbs & Shaw (2019) – IMDB Rating: 6.4/10
- Love and Monsters (2020) – IMDB Rating: 7.0/10
- Instant Family (2018) – IMDB 7.3/10
- Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (2020) – IMDB Rating: 6.5/10
- Little (2019) – IMDB Rating: 5.5/10
- Marriage (2019) – IMDB Rating: 7.9/10
- The Dead Don’t Die (2019) – IMDB Rating: 5.5/10
- The Death of Stalin (2017) – IMDB Rating: 7.2/10
- Suicide Squad (2016) – IMDB Rating: 5.9/10
- The Baby Sitter: Killer Queen – IMDB Rating: 5.8/10
- Wish Dragon (2021) – IMDB Rating: 7.2/10
- Rebecca (2020) – IMDB Rating: 6.0/10
- Falling Inn Love (2019) – IMDB Rating: 5.6/10
- Blinded by the Light (2019) – IMDB Rating: 6.9/10
- Wonder (2017) – IMDB Rating: 8.0/10
- Ophelia (2018) – IMDB Rating: 6.6/10
- Freaks (2018) – IMDB Rating: 6.7/10
- A Star is Born (2018) – IMDB Rating: 7.6/10
- Me Before You (2016) – IMDB Rating: 7.4/10
- Passengers (2016) – IMDB Rating: 7.0/10
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (2018) – IMDB Rating: 7.4/10
Analysis of Netflix Profits vs. Subscribers
In Quarter-1 and Quarter-2 report for 2021, Netflix added 4 million and 1.5 million subscribers, respectively. This is far from the 25M, it added at the same time in 2020.
We can easily analyze, Netflix subscriptions grew significantly during the first half of 2020, before slowing back to normal growth in the last half of the year. As of June 2021, Netflix have approximately over 209 million subscribers worldwide.
On the contrary, the increase in subscriptions is much smaller this year than last; this was inevitable. And the 1.5 million subscribers newly added are 40 percent more than the 1 million reserved limits announced by Netflix in its Q1 report. However, despite this growth, Netflix has seen a decline for the first time since Q2 2019.
Analysis of Netflix Pricing vs. Growth in Upcoming Months
From Q1 to Q2 2021, subscription rates in the United States and Canada dropped by just over half a million from millions 74.38 to 73.95 million. Netflix incorporates this into its main subscriber base in this area and its small acquisition quarter. After that, there is a projected growth in earnings for Q3 and Q4 for 2021 based on Netflix estimates for the next quarter.
It predicts a net increase paid for the 3.5 million, which is a 1.67 percent increase in Q2 values. If Netflix gains this rating, it will be adding more than 55 million subscribers in next year 2023 within the expected growth rate.
Analysis of Netflix Users vs. Revenue in Other 10 Popular Countries
Here are the key figures for the most important countries in 2021.
|Netflix Country||Q1 – Users (2021)||Q1- Revenue (2021)||Q2 – Users (2021)||Q2 – Revenue (2021)|
|Australia||6.17 million||180 million aprx.||6.41 million||188 million|
|Germany||10.67 million||369.92 million||10.7 million||374.16 million|
|Canada||6.71 million||287 million aprx.||6.67 million||291 million aprx.|
|France||8.35 million aprx.||290 million aprx.||8.50 million aprx.||293 million aprx.|
|Denmark||920K approx.||32 million aprx.||921K approx.||32.5 million aprx.|
|Bulgaria||172K approx..||6 million aprx.||172.08K||6.02 million|
|Brazil||18 million aprx.||396 million||18.22 million||410 million aprx.|
|Columbia||2.68 million||60 million aprx.||2.75 million aprx.||62 million aprx.|
|Cyprus||49.2K approx.||1.71 million||50k approx.||1.73 million|
|Greece||516.45K||18 million aprx.||518K aprx.||18.12 million|
Netflix is an impressive service with plenty of international libraries. The above article provides clear understanding about Netflix profits, subscribers, content, and its growth in 2021.