Two more cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in England today.
The Department of Health announced the pair of fresh cases this morning, bringing the total number of UK cases to 15.
Chief medical officer Chris Whitty said the infections had been passed on in Italy and Tenerife.
“Two further patients in England have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of UK cases to 15,” he said in a statement.
“The virus was passed on in Italy and Tenerife and the patients have been transferred to specialist NHS infection centres in Royal Liverpool Hospital and the Royal Free Hospital, London.”
The cases were confirmed after parents of pupils at Burbage Primary School in Buxton were told the school would be closed on Thursday due to a “confirmed case of coronavirus amongst our parent population”.
Parents were told this was a “precautionary measure and to enable a deep clean to be completed”.
Meanwhile, Italy is dealing with the virus spreading at a rapid rate – with swathes of the north of the country being put on lockdown.
Around 400 people have been infected there while 12 fatalities have been confirmed.
While Tenerife has been gripped with fears of a spread after and Italian doctor was diagnosed while on holiday at a hotel in the south of the Island.
And 168 Britons have been told to isolate themselves at the H10 Costa Adeje Palace in Tenerife.
Meanwhile, Denmark and Estonia became the latest countries to confirm cases.
Worldwide the infection, which broke out in China, has infected more than 80,000 people and killed nearly 2,800.
The majority of deaths and infections have been in mainland China.