YOU can always count on NEXT for good quality womenswear, workwear, menswear, kids clothes, and beautiful homeware.
Its highly anticipated sales have people queuing from as early as 6am, but Next hasn’t confirmed its Black Friday plans yet this year.
When is Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021?
This year Black Friday falls on November 26.
The huge sale event always takes place the day after the American holiday Thanksgiving – which falls on the fourth Thursday of the month.
Sales can start early, so keep your eye out for announcements in the weeks leading up to November 26.
Cyber Monday is the following week – this year that is on November 29 – and it usually has more of a focus on online discounts.
What to expect from Next on Black Friday 2021
A Next spokesperson told The Sun that the retailer is yet to confirm its plans for Black Friday 2021. We’ll update this article with more details when we have them.
Previously, sales have included massive discounts on clothing both online and in store.
What was in Next’s Black Friday sale last year?
The retailer decided not to take part in the sales bonanza in 2020 in a blow for bargain hunters.
In 2019, the online and in-store sale had big savings of up to 70%.
Here are some of the top picks from 2019, where you can see some of the sizeable savings, and cross your fingers for more in 2021.
- Neutral check kilt, £7.50 (saving £18.50)
- Ecru One shoulder Ruffle Top, £8 (save £20)
- Dark Blue Jersey-Lined Denim Utility Jacket, £14 (save £34)
- River Island Navy Pinstripe Polo, ££7.50 (save £18.50)
What’s the best way to shop Next’s Black Friday sale?
While there’s no details of this year’s Black Friday plans available yet, here are our tips for future sales.
There will be limited stock on sizes, so be prepared to act quickly if you see something you fancy but only buy it if you can afford to or were planning to anyway.
You should also always compare prices to see if you can get similar items or even the same items for less elsewhere.
Follow our recommendations below as you prepare.
- Womenswear – we don’t mean to go on about it, but Next has really upped the style stakes and there’s no better department to splurge in.
- Footwear – Next’s footwear offering is really on-trend (inspired by designer styles from the likes of Prada, Attico and Balenciaga), but you can still find comfortable classics for yourself and the kids.
- Outerwear – if you have your eye on one of the retailer’s coats or a puffer for your kids, hold out until November when they will be considerably cheaper.
- Menswear – invest in workwear essentials such as smart trousers and shirts while they’re at their cheapest.
- Homewares – getting your house ready for Christmas? Buy rugs, throws, cushions, table settings, crockery or refresh your decor – Black Friday is the best time to splash out on a new sofa or bed.
- Kidswear – Next has a huge range that starts from baby sizes all the way up to age 16 – it even has some “mini-me” items so that you can twin with your little ones.
- Brands – the retailer stocks fashion brands including Ghost, Lipsy and Finery, so invest in party dresses for a fraction of the cost.
- Sportswear – shop sports and activewear brands such as Adidas, Ivy Park and Superdry.
- Chunky knitwear – this is always a winter staple, but it’s been particularly popular recently and thick knit, midi-length skirts and a chunky biker boot continue to be a top sartorial style.
- Boots – no matter how short or tall you are, over the knee boots look great on any length. Invest in a pair and you’ll find yourself teaming them with everything in your wardrobe. Chunky heel to flat, block to kitten, these style staples are here to stay.
In recent years, Next has managed to shake off its frumpy connotations and come up trumps as a fashion destination.
The retailer now stocks labels such as Lipsy, Ghost and Finery but also features up-and-coming designers including Rejina Pyo and Isa Arfen in its Label Mix range.
It’s also collaborated with style icon Emma Willis and signed high fashion model Edita Vilkeviciute who has fronted more than ten Vogue covers and walked for the likes of Isabel Marant, Dolce & Gabbana, Balmain, Valentino and Victoria’s Secret.
But its not all about the womenswear – you can nab great value homeware, workwear, menswear and kidswear, as well as flowers and gifts at Next.
How much will my Next delivery cost?
If you’re a die-hard Next fan, or just a self-confessed late night shopper, its worth coughing up the annual fee of £20 for unlimited Next Day Delivery – you can order anything before midnight and still get your purchases by 12pm the very next day.
Otherwise, you’ll pay £3.99 for Next Day Delivery, which is one of the best deals on the high street.
If you’re saving the pennies, you can order to your local store for FREE or send to a Parcel Shop location for £2.50.
Returns are always free of charge.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Take a look at The Sun Vouchers to see if you can get extra savings with voucher codes for hundreds of retailers.