FURIOUS Sainsbury’s shoppers have complained that they have not been able to find any of the retailer’s £50 Dyson vacuums for sale – after news of the stock clearance broke overnight.
A variety of Dyson and GTech devices were rumoured to be knocked down today with prices up to 87 per cent less than the same products on Amazon, as The Sun confirmed this morning.
But shoppers had been tipped off by the Hotukdeals website, with some scouting stores since the early hours in hopes of finding one before they sell out completely – but many have been unsuccessful.
One worker at a Sainsbury’s store in Birmingham said staff have been inundated with calls from customers since Tuesday evening.
But there was no sign of the Dyson gadgets on the shelves on Wednesday morning.
The employee told Birmingham Live: “The phone calls have been going on since last night, I worked the night shift and the queues were building outside from 4am.”
He said no stores in the city were selling Dyson vacuum cleaners for £50 – and blamed a leaked “internal message” for 100 people queuing up outside the store.
Sainsbury’s confirmed to The Sun that the sale is legit – but that there is only a very limited number of stock available.
These are the models rumoured to be in the sale.
- Dyson V6 Trigger, £50 (currently £149.99 on Amazon)
- Dyson DC39 Multi-floor vacuum, £50 (currently £388 on Amazon)
- Gtech AirRam MK2 cordless vacuum cleaner, £50 (currently £199.99 on Amazon)
- Gtech AirRam MK2 cordless bundle, £75 (this exact bundle isn’t available anywhere else online)
- Dyson V6 Animal cordless vacuum cleaner, £50 (currently £309.99 on Amazon)
- Dyson V6 cordless vacuum cleaner, £50 (currently £294.99 on Amazon)
A Sainsbury’s spokesperson said: “…a small number of stores have reduced some Dyson models to clear a very small amount of residual stock”.
How to cut the cost of your shopping
Everyone loves a bargain – but how can you bag the best deals?
- Look out for vouchers – you can often find money-off deals for big brands simply by searching online with the brand name and the word “voucher” or “discount”
- Buy more to save on delivery – often delivery costs are free for orders over a certain amount, so it is worth saving up all your purchases until you hit the threshold
- Check prices elsewhere before you purchase – even with sale prices, it is worth checking you can’t find the item for less somewhere else
- Be prepared to buy last year’s stock – retailers often put older stock in the sale, which is still in perfectly good condition, if a newer version of a game has been released
- Remember: only buy it if you need it – even if it’s on offer
A Sainsbury’s insider quoted on Hotukdeals said the savings are only in store, and Sainsbury’s haven’t confirmed any of the prices, so check carefully before you purchase if you’re lucky enough to find one.
Cordless vacuum cleaners have become really popular because they enable you to clean your home without plugging and unplugging a traditional machine.
When you buy one, it is worth checking how long the battery life lasts as ideally, you want to be able to clean your entire house without having to recharge it.
If you miss out on this deal, then you might be able to bag a Dyson on Black Friday, on November 29.
And Lidl is selling a similar cordless vacuum which looks just like a Dyson, but is only £49.99.