personal finance

State pension: Some households may now be told to claim Universal Credit after rule change

Despite the change in the rules, those in mixed age couples who are already receiving Pension Credit or Housing Benefit will stay on those benefits.

This is provided their circumstances remain the same and there’s no break in the claim.

“If you have a break in your claim or your circumstances change, you may need to make a claim for Universal Credit instead,” the government says.

Should a single person who gets Pension Credit start to live with a partner who is under state pension age, they would stop getting the payment.


Leave a Reply