Eligible people can still claim the credits which support those who might have given up work to accompany their partner on military postings overseas, even if their marriage or civil partnership has broken down, or their partner is no longer serving in the armed forces.

These people must have been married or in a civil partnership at the time of the posting.

The DWP points out that a person cannot get credits for any postings overseas before April 6, 1975.

For more information and to check one’s entitlement, people can visit the eligibility page of the “National Insurance credits” section on the government website.


READ  Wonga woes won’t end scourge of high-cost credit


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here