Investing.com – Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Wednesday:
• Apple (NASDAQ:) stock gained 0.51% by 8:04 AM ET (12:04 GMT) as the company prepared to unveil a new high-end smartphone in a splashy event set to kick off at 1:00 PM ET (17:00 GMT).
• Facebook (NASDAQ:) stock and Google (NASDAQ:) stock fell 1.02% and 0.18%, respectively, as Europe prepares to vote on a controversial law that could force both companies to block copyrighted content.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:) stock rose 0.17% as reports surfaced that the New York initial public offering of its Chinese rival NIO had priced near the bottom end of its target range.
• Nielsen Holdings (NYSE:) soared 4.25% as the company told Reuters that it would expand its review of strategic alternatives to include a full sale.
• WellCare Health Plans (NYSE:) dropped 0.75% despite the fact that S&P Dow Jones Indices announced that the company will replace XL Group on the at the open on Monday, Sept. 17.
• Sprint (NYSE:) stock fell 0.5% after the Federal Communications Commission delayed the proposed merger process of the company with T-Mobile (NASDAQ:), saying it needed more time to review the proposal.
• Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:) jumped 3.42% after announcing positive results from a study on its arthritis drug.
• Farmer Bros. (NASDAQ:) stock could see downward pressure as in its fiscal fourth quarter missed expectations.
• ELF Beauty (NYSE:) stock could see buying in the regular session after the Wall Street Journal reported that activist investor Marathon Partners was preparing to up pressure on the company to sell itself or refocus core operations.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.