Investing.com – Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Tuesday:
•PepsiCo (NASDAQ:) stock rose 1.2% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (12:20 GMT) after its second-quarter earnings came in higher than expected, driven by an expansion into healthier snacks and drinks.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:) stock fell 0.7% after CEO Elon Musk said the company would not “refresh” its Model S or Model X vehicles.
• Cisco (NASDAQ:) stock lost 1% after it announced it is acquiring Acacia Communications (NASDAQ:) for $70 per share in a $2.6 billion deal, CNBC reported. Acacia surged 38%.
• Piper Jaffray (NYSE:) stock inched up 0.1% on news that it is buying Sander O’Neil and Partners for $485 million, which will help it expand its M&A advisory business and expand its equity research.
• ABB (NYSE:) stock declined 2.3% after the Swiss company said it will take a $430 million charge to offload its solar inverter business to Italy’s FIMER SpA.
• 3M (NYSE:) stock slipped 1.5% after RBC downgraded the manufacturing company to “sector perform” from “outperform,” CNBC reported.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.