According to a news release from advisory firm Andriotto Financial Services, Swiss company Overfuture has been approved to list the first articles of incorporation hosted on the blockchain in Switzerland. Overture will list class A shares hosted on blockchain as they tokenize their Initial Product Offering (ICO), and furthermore, onto secondary trading of the digital asset.
According to Coindesk who received the press release, the firm’s IPO prospectus indicates an offering of 8,399,000 “common equity share security tokens” on the ethereum blockchain, with EURO DAXX providing the smart contracts. The offering price will be €1.25 ($1.38) per share.
“…a huge revolution for the financial industry because blockchain allows [the firm] to launch an IPO and organize secondary market transactions without the involvement of many traditional players as: banks, financial intermediaries, broker-dealers, central depositary systems, notaries, etc.,” stated Andriotto Financial Services in the release.”
The company is using the Ethereum Blockchain and the smart contracts provided by EURO DAXX – the European Digital Assets Exchange based in Zug, Switzerland.
As reported in Blockchain News, Dutch company NXchange was likely the first company globally to tokenise an IPO (let’s call it tokenized equity crowdfunding) for Startupbootcamp raising some €2.3 million in security tokens in early December 2019, fully licensed by the Netherlands Ministry of Finance, approved by the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) and Dutch Central Bank and in partnership with Rabobank – the second-largest bank in the Netherlands and among the 30 largest financial institutions in the world.
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert – January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) – January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) – January 29, 2020
- Leading Cryptocurrency Trading Solution Company Algoz to Provide Liquidity London Football Exchanges – January 28, 2020
- Global Commodities Blockchain Trading Platform VAKT Backed For $5m From Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures – January 28, 2020
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – – January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report – January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 – January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case – January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies – January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency – January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 – January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million – January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission – January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures – January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million – January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro – January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR – January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” – January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion – January 17, 2020
Also published on Medium.