Now that the seasons are changing you have a great excuse to spruce up your space. Getting ready for winter usually means bringing in rich colors, cozy blankets, and lots of seasonal decor. However, most people need things that can go from season to season easily while still creating a great look.
In this article, I will be giving you my top tips on what to buy and what to avoid.
Let’s jump in!
The Living Room
First impressions make all the difference so consider how your space feels when you first walk in the door. Are you happy to come home or does your face drop because of a lifeless look. With a few small additions prepare to be impressed. Try these tricks:
- Eden Pillows – Eden Pillows are sold exclusively at CladHome a designer-inspired collection of timeless pieces you will love.
- Different textures – adding texture brings a lot of dimension to your space – you can do this with Eden pillows, throw blankets, and textiles on the wall
- Floors – even a rental can get a major lift by adding a unique rug statement – look for high-quality rugs that will last through trends and you won’t be sorry!
For more inspiration for your living room check out local showrooms to find your dream sofa and other items to make your living room come alive.
This room should be where the magic happens but let’s be honest, this room tends to be where the mess, laundry, and everything else ends up. Research shows that starting your day in a clean, inviting space can drastically reduce stress, increase your energy levels, and inspire you to be more productive.
To bring the magic back to your bedroom choose a set of colors that induces calm and luxury. Monochromatic themes are great for this – play around with gradients of tranquil blues and greens or try a serene off-white with an accent wall.
Also, consider changing your furniture and layout. Here are a few expert tips:
- Lighting should be soft and warm to create a relaxing cozy vibe
- Beds near a window will allow you to feel like you are on vacation
- Get rid of heavy drapes and dark furniture – this makes a space feel heavy and cluttered
- Set up smart and easy systems to keep laundry off the floor and your bed
- Make your bed every day no matter what so your room always feels inviting
Thanks to peel and stick wallpaper, kitchen tiles, and flooring, it has never been easier to upgrade your space. You can easily take a sad outdated kitchen and add luxury marble countertops, beautiful gold hardware, and new flooring.
You can easily buy these online, take a weekend, and voila, a gorgeous new home.
Last but not least, don’t forget your bathroom. Turn that sad neglected space into a spa with a few candles and nice soap dispensers. Add a new shower curtain and rug and you’re good to go.
For more designer inspiration to add class, elegance, and style to your space, take a look at local design showrooms. If you don’t have showrooms nearby go online to put together your dream home renovation plan right away.
Written by Ester K. is a content writer at Kemistri and a sales and Public Relations (PR nerd), obsessed with research, sleeping in as much as possible, and listening to podcasts. I have written an ultimate guide on reputation management. When I am not at home with my fam I enjoy long walks through the beautiful city of Jerusalem.