Our Global Customer Experience Team is seeking a Vendor Manager who will passionate about ensuring our vendors are delivering the highest quality services to our customers by evaluation of processes and procedures. In this position, you will collaborate with both external vendors and internal partners across all North America Vrbo brands with a focus on improving customer experience performance in customer service, sales, and operations. Critical metrics include service level, conversion, quality, customer contact rate, and costs. You will play a role in handling vendor relationships, defining process and systems between our Vrbo product and processes that improve customer experience. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, NA Partner Performance in outsourcing, you will work in a matrices environment. This role will require domestic and international travel up to 20% of the time.
More of what you’ll be doing:
- Participating in defining and implementing process and tool integration between Vrbo and third-party vendors to ensure strong customer experience across a variety of Vrbo products and services
- Launching new vendors to handle transactional work relating to customer service, payments, and operations
- Ensuring critical performance levels are being achieved spanning customer, operational and business objectives
- Participating actively in the forecasting process and ensuring that staffing and scheduling are appropriate for the encouraged volumes
- Participating in standard vendor governance programs, including day-to-day performance management, weekly operational reviews, quality calibration calls, and quarterly business reviews
- Leading process, policy and product programs to improve the customer experience for work handled by our third-party vendors
- Ensuring adequate controls are in place to satisfy financial and compliance audits
- Reconcile and approve monthly invoices
- Leading other ad-hoc critical projects supporting the Global Customer Experience strategic objectives
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in a business or engineering field is required and an advanced degree is a plus
- 5+ years of relevant experience – vendor management, business analyst, sales management and/or customer service management experience preferred
- Shown experience of leading strategic, cross-organizational programs to positively impact sales and/or customer experience
- Deep understanding of operational perfection using techniques such as Six Sigma, lean solutions, and other statistical toolsets
- Ability to work optimallyf in cross-organizational/regional team
- Self-starter with a bias for action and be the ability to work towards results
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE, and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we’ve grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to building an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.